SMART 4.1.0 Release
The SMART 4.1.0 Release can be downloaded below for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release – Windows with CyberTracker Plugin (64-Bit) [Feb 2017]
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release – Windows with CyberTracker Plugin (32-Bit) [Feb 2017]
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release – Linux [Feb 2017]
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release – Mac OSX [Feb 2017]
The major new features in this release are SMART Connect and the Intelligence plug-in.
SMART Connect is an add-on online operating environment for SMART, which leverages real-time connectivity to greatly enhance the speed of data transfer from the field, sharing of SMART data, maps, and reports at the national level, and the possibility of integration with a wide variety of other mapping, analytical, and data collection platforms.
The Intelligence plug-in allows users to developed records on wildlife criminals operating in their site, to track their movements, identify their accomplices networks, and manage information from a range of different sources beyond the classic wildlife patrols, with the ultimate objective of taking action against target individuals.
This release includes English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, Thai, Malay, Laos and Vietnamese language support.
- Download the applicable file from above, depending on your operating system.
- Copy the zipped file to a local folder and unzip it (extract the files).
- Run the executable SMART.exe (or just SMART on MacOS and Linux).
When first installing SMART, use the following credentials to login to the sample conservation area:
User Name= smart
Pasword = smart
You can upgrade to SMART 4.1.0 from SMART 1.1.2 or later. For versions prior to 1.1.2 see prior version upgrade instructions.
To upgrade to SMART 4.1.0:
- Backup your existing SMART database using the ‘File -> Backup System’ menu option.
- Install SMART 4.1.0. If you are going to install it in the same location as your previous version, you must delete the previous version first. Do not merge directories.
- On the login screen, select the ‘Advanced’ option, then the ‘Restore a Backup’ option. Follow the wizard, and when asked to select a backup file to restore, pick the file created in step 1 above.
- A prompt will appear, warning that the backup file is not compatible with the current software version. You will be asked if you want to upgrade (and restore) – select ‘Yes’. At this point the backup will be upgraded and restored.
NOTE: Upgrading a large database may take a while (10-15 minutes for a database with ~800,000 waypoints).
SMART 4.1.0 Resources
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release Technical Training Manual (Feb 2017) [download PDF] [download MS-Word file]
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release Support Materials (Feb 2017) [download]
- SMART 4.1.0 Production Release Demo Database (Feb 2017) [download] note: the software also comes with a database by default titled “SMART-Example Conservation Area”.
- SMART 4 Production Release Default Data Model (Feb 2017) [download]